"When I was dedicated to my training my bike riding and performance was like nothing I had ever experienced. In 2012 I completed my most decorated career in Motocross. Winning both the Pro Lites and Pro Open Championships in Western Australia.
I also competed in the National Motocross Championships and later in the year was so fit I entered in the National 2-Stroke Cup Race as well as the Pro Open Race on one of Australia's most physically demanding tracks on sand at Coolum. After qualifying and practicing and competing in the 2-day National event my results spoke for themselves.
I won the National 2-Stroke Cup and got my best results for the year in the MX1 class with a 5th overall. I felt amazing on the bike and to have Shaun there with me over the weekend helping with Nutrition and recovery was the icing on the cake!"
Motocross Matrix Test
Shaun has designed a series of exercises that test a riders ability over 6 modalities. All 6 modalities tests a riders requirements similar to what the body experiences when on the motorbike, especially when racing.
Matrix Test consists of;
- FACT test. The rider will be asked to continually perform a strength exercise whist maintaing optimal core strength keeping the bodies centre of gravity in its preferred position.
- Motor Skills. This test uses the neurological system where balance, movement and coordination is required all at once to complete the test
- Core Stability. The most important aspect of riding a bike is being in the correct position. When the rider gets tired the preferred position is harder to maintain which will ultimately end in a crash
- Reaction Test. Not only does a rider have to deal with his/her own performance on the track, but he/she must be able to adapt to the changing conditions of the track and more importantly other riders around them and their unpredictability.
- 15 minute moto. One of the innagural tests Shaun has used for many years to evaluate a riders overall strength and conditioning alongside their ability to maintain focus
- Hot Lap Push.This test will and does bring most riders to breaking point in the 5 minute test. On the track there times you need to push hard. This is the ultimate test of ones strength, fitness, mental attitude and ability. Not for the faint hearted.
The Matrix Test can be included in our 1-Day workshops for an additional $35. Payment can be made on the day.
Alternatively if you would like to arrange to perform the Matrix test at anytime please register your interest by following the prompts on this page.
The test will take approximately 2 hours to complete, with plenty of rest between each testing module.
The cost of the test to complete on its own is $75
All testing modalitites are scored out of 6 with a maximal score of 36 for the entire test.
You Can Buy the International Online Seller "Train Like the Pros" 12-Week Training Program.
Kyle Webster started training with Shaun at Epic Lifestyle at the end 2013. As a promising young rider in WA he wanted to take his performance to the next level.
Kyle with all his determination and humbling attitude now finds himself fully supported on the National MX/SX Circuit racing for the SFC Racing team.